Psychiatrist In Gondia
People seek psychiatric help for many reasons. The problems can be sudden, such as a panic attack, frightening hallucinations, thoughts of suicide, or hearing “voices.” Or they may be more long-term, such as feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or anxiousness that never seem to lift or problems functioning, causing everyday life to feel distorted or out of control. Dr. Rajesh Rathi is a Famous Psychiatrist in Gondia who’s known for treating patients of all age groups. Your search for a good Psychiatrist in Gondia ends at Apex Clinic. We also provide counseling sessions for long hours if required. You can feel free to open up with us as we ensure complete privacy. Dr. Rajesh Rathi is the best Psychiatrist inGondia. He founded Apex Clinic with a mission to provide affordable healthcare to everyone.
Because they are physicians, psychiatrists can order or perform a full range of medical laboratory and psychological tests which, combined with discussions with patients, help provide a picture of a patient’s physical and mental state. Their education and clinical training equip them to understand the complex relationship between emotional and other medical illnesses and the relationships with genetics and family history, to evaluate medical and psychological data, to make a diagnosis, and to work with patients to develop treatment plans.
What does a psychiatrist do?
Psychiatrists assess all of your mental and physical symptoms. They make a diagnosis and work with you to develop a management plan for your treatment and recovery.
Psychiatrists provide psychological treatment prescribe medication and do procedures such as rTMS or electroconvulsive therapy.
As part of their work, a psychiatrist can:
- provide urgent care for a sudden mental illness
- help you to manage a long-term mental health condition
- provide advice about lifestyle changes
- work with you individually, or with you and your partner, family or carers
- provide second opinions and advice to other doctors and health professionals
- refer you to other health professionals
- admit you to the hospital if required.
What can a psychiatrist help with?
A psychiatrist can be of particular help if your mental health condition:
- is complex or difficult to diagnose
- involves suicidal ideas or plans
- is severe or happens suddenly
- needs medication that only a psychiatrist can prescribe
- isn’t responding to standard treatment through your GP (family doctor).
Where do psychiatrists work?
Psychiatrists work in public and private hospitals, community mental health services and private consulting rooms.
Psychiatrists are also involved in research, providing advice on legal matters, and teaching and advocacy work. This means they also work in government departments, research centers and universities.
Many psychiatrists take on a few different roles at the same time. They might spend part of their time at a public hospital and the rest seeing patients at their own private practice.